Wednesday 3 October 2012

My Dad.




This evening I thought I would post about my Dad who is taking part in this Fridays game, my Dad has always been an artist. 
Dad left Newport College of Art in 1978 with a first class honours degree in Fine art where my mom also studied. From there he went onto the Slade School of Fine Art to complete his Masters degree. He exhibited regularly with Galerie Swart Amsterdam in 1980's and I have a vivid memory of standing next to him working on his geometric paintings wearing finger less gloves next to a mini heater.
 That combined with my Moms work instilled in me my need to explore my own creativity.
My dad now lives in Majorca and has recently begun 2 of his own blogs Memobench, inspired by benches filled with memories for so many and Geoscoperlous born from his interest in seeing quirky images within nature.
Above are 2 of my favourite paintings I am lucky enough to own. Thanks Dad x
All images copyright Peter Drew.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ilona

    I have similar memories of Peter working in the cold in that flat in East Finchley and am also lucky enough to have a couple of works by him, although unlike you I have rather lost touch with him since he moved away to Majorca. Next time you are in contact would you say Hi from me and let him know that I am still living in the same flat near Greenwich. I also wanted to say how amazing your own work is and to wish you every success.

    All the very best.

    John Drew

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...